View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #19
Ola M
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Helmet, jacket, pants, gloves, boots, back protector.

In the beginning I thought it was very tedious to suit up, but as the leather gear broke in and I got better at suiting up quickly it's a no-brainer. In the summer I also thought about skipping the leathers for my 30-40 mph commute but the advertised TFL Cool System really works.

Quote:
Black leather has always been associated with motorcycle clothes. It has always been like that and is mostly true even today. But there is a problem with black leather – it gets very hot in sunshine. Or rather, this was how it used to be. TFL Cool System® is a revolutionary innovation and means that black leather will not absorb more heat from sunshine than white leather.
http://www.jofama.se/motorcycle_wear...hp?lang=2&id=5

Of course it doesn't feel like it's working when I'm walking around off the bike on the hottest summer day, but when I left it in the sun along with my luggage box (also black) the difference in temp felt like 10 degrees C at least.

I also used to drop the back protector on short rides as it was uncomfortable. Now it, or my torso, has broken in and it's no problem.

I guess I would drop the leathers and boots if I was just doing a very short ride in the city, but I rarely do such rides as everything I need is in walking distance.
Ola M is offline   Reply With Quote