View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #46
KawDlr OP
Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer: 690
Way To Go Everyday!

WAY TO GO EVERYDAY! I am waiting on your post.....

I updated the map to show this tag, if anyone(madhouse) wants to see where it was. That way you can get over and check it out next time your in our area. There is a good bit of elevation changes in this area of Haleburg, Alabama. These two roads are nice to ride, as Everyday mentioned, and if your a good scout you may discover the waterfall on the other road. Don't linger there for days on end. It was ok to go there for years, then disrespectful people began dumping and partying and leaving trash behind giving the area a bad reputation. I believe the family donated it to Landmark park in Dothan(not quite sure, but have heard that from people who knew about this fall) and they put up a cable to keep people from driving into the falls area. It is about a 40' high fall that winds it way along to Abbie creek. There is a sediment layer in the wall containing shells and shark's teeth. You can park your bike out by the road in the drive's edge and walk down to the falls for a photograph. You can climb down into the area of the falls if your athletic, but make sure there is a partner there to help incase of a fall.
KawDlr is offline   Reply With Quote