View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #302
Burren Rider OP
Aussie Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,820
We stayed at the Dorrigo Hotel on Friday night and met up with Rod in the morning at Hernani.

The high country air was crisp and it was a great day for riding.

As we dropped down off the mountain things warmed up in a hurry so we went looking for water and plenty of it.

After lunch by the river and a quick dip to quell the dust, we made our way north on a series of flowing dirt roads.

After an altercation with an errant tree root, we stopped briefly to air up the DL's front tyre with Rod's onboard compressor (those BM's have everything) and were on our way to Riders Rest near Drake. Bob, the owner, looked after us in grand fashion and it turned out to be a great place to stay.

The plan for Sunday was originally to work our way north via Tenterfield but a call from home changed the plans a little. Tam rang to say the little fella was crook and off to hospital so I bolted for home. I was dissapointed to leave Damon and Rod prior to the end of the ride but family comes first and I am sure those tracks will be there for another day.

I was relieved to see Clay on the mend when I got back to town and it was a strange sense of irony to walk into outpatients with my riding gear on and not need medical attention.

Burren Rider screwed with this post 03-06-2009 at 02:37 AM
Burren Rider is offline   Reply With Quote