View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #72
KawDlr OP
Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay
Just wade on into it. There's plenty of trash talking here for everyone.
TAGGED.

The day started out worse than the last. Couldn't even see the road from the house when I woke up the fog was heavier than I anticipated. I think everybody in town knew I wanted to get out of the shop on my lunch and grab this before anyone else got to it. So the hoards of people just kept coming. I kept waiting for someone to post they tagged it. I Got a break early afternoon and off I went. The sun shining brightly and the roads were all quite. I got there and back rather quickly thanks to the KLR650 I took.
Here is the location sign out by the road.

I felt like I was close the last time out, but just didn't have time to get there before work. I knew when the time was right I could nail it.

Things that gave it away.
Off highway 95(where all other tags were found, almost)
Dirt road was narrow, all Houston county roads have 60' right of way, so I knew it had to be government land.
Wooden bridge, looks fairly up to date. Another replacement would have been concrete if on co road.
This and the fact there was camping led me to the Chattahoochee State Park and I rode right to the bridge tag and snapped it and right back. I did notice there were other bike tracks there. So someone happened there or was after this and didn't make it on time.

KawDlr screwed with this post 03-07-2009 at 12:43 PM
KawDlr is offline   Reply With Quote