View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 07:24 AM   #18
bgoodsoil OP
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,221
the GSes have 17" rear wheels. on the tire list, if it says G/S then there are 120/80-18s available. if it says GS there are 130/80-17s available.

I may have made it a little US-biased so far. The Mitas for example--I put them as hard to find tires but they seem to be pretty common in Europe and Australia.

Quote:
It would also be nice to know the sizes people are actualy using on their G/S's, GS's, and ST's, as I am unsure of width clearence problems with some of the rear tyres (tires)
+1 on that. There are a lot of 140 tires that I haven't listed because I don't know if they'll fit. The clearance problems may not be as simple as width. I can fit 120/80 knobbies on the rear with no problems but 120/80 Distanzias rub my shock. I can still ride with them, but it has different clearances despite the same listed size.

I got an e-mail from another ADVer, drzgal, yesterday that said the Michelin AC10s, 80/100-21 front, will fit a 90/90 so I'm going to put them on the list.

thanks for the (translations)

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code

bgoodsoil screwed with this post 03-09-2009 at 07:45 AM
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote