View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #5589
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
On Sundays...I usually meet up with some friends in Malibu...Run Latigo or Decker...have breakfast at the Rockstore and then head home.....call it 40 miles...

Today started the same....coffee in Malibu....up to the Rock Store...then things got better...

met up with Yzlvr....from the Rock Store we hit Ojai...from Ojai we continued to Carrizo....From Carizzo we hit Frazier Park...then over to the Rock Inn then down Lake Hughes and Home....300 miles...

I can say we hit a high percentage of the greatest motorcycle roads in So Cal and went through 5 counties....

ummm no pics....if you have ever ridden with Yz you understand that there was no time....
no pics = , come on nw we're not buying a lame excuse....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
I was up at Cold Springs Tavern last night, and talked to some riders that had just come off of West Camino Cielo Road.

They said the road was open,, but it can be closed if bad weather is forecast. Sure enough:
Winter Road & Trail Closures
- Certain roads in Los Padres National Forest are subject to weather-related closures. Most of the roads are closed just prior to predicted storms and are reopened once the road surface dries out.

I thought after the fires in the area this road was closed for a year, but I guess not!

If your not familiar with this road, it goes from Refugion Beach up and over to the top of the mountains above Santa Barbara. Spectacular riding and views...

Spafxer
jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTSB
I would love to do that ride, let me know if you want to go to Cold Springs Tavern sometime too. Also was thinking maybe there should be a Ventura county weekend ride. Cmon!
that would be great if we can get something going in your neck of the woods. ok jim aka spafxer...you lead and we'll follow...
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote