View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #5594
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,528
Ventura, Santa Barbara County Ride.

Give me an open date Joel,

My choices would be in Ventura County, Hwy 33 area, Nordhoff Ridge and further up 33, come back on dirt to the Matilija Canyon area. Both of these are dead ends, so come back the same way we go in. They also require Forest Service permits $Free, and Wilderness Day Passes $5 a piece..
Ventura County is all gated off dirt... Lunch by Brown Bag or go up to Ventuna for possible BBQ.

The second option is East Camino Cielo, Cold Springs Tavern, West Camino Cielo, Solvang, Refugio Beach.. area.. Santa Barbara County. Camp in Refugio (Nice!) Hwy. 101 back home.

Spafxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
I was up at Cold Springs Tavern last night, and talked to some riders that had just come off of West Camino Cielo Road.

They said the road was open,, but it can be closed if bad weather is forecast. Sure enough:
Winter Road & Trail Closures
- Certain roads in Los Padres National Forest are subject to weather-related closures. Most of the roads are closed just prior to predicted storms and are reopened once the road surface dries out.

I thought after the fires in the area this road was closed for a year, but I guess not!

If your not familiar with this road, it goes from Refugion Beach up and over to the top of the mountains above Santa Barbara. Spectacular riding and views...

Spafxer
jim

that would be great if we can get something going in your neck of the woods. ok jim aka spafxer...you lead and we'll follow...[/quote]
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote