Originally Posted by ztaj
As I understand it, once the nylon has a thread in it they should be replaced, or you could use threadlock
Note to self, must check mounting bolts
Oh yes, those famous bolts - specifically top ones.
I once rode 200 km wandering why vibration increased so much to find that 2 top bolts were totally undone.
1. Suzuki bolts on DR mostly made of plasticine
2. Those 2 bolts were only reason for vibration increase.
Result: bought proper good quality 12.9 grade bolts from Namrick.uk, installed with nyloc nuts + blue loctite.
No problem since.
Actually, come to it - I can list items I've got self-unbolted or lost even on DR.
Self-unbolted, but not lost
1. Top motor mount
2. One of lower mount
3. Sidestand nut
4. Passenger footpegs
Self-unbolted and lost
1. Lower chain protector on swingarm
2. One of front sprocket bolts
3. (drum roll) GEAR LEVER unbolted and lost 300 km from home way back from Norway on German highway. Can only say how great is german motorists - helped me out when I got stuck at fuel station. Bought something similar from nearest Kawi shop, filed, installed, got home. Lost 2 hours.
Never ride out without blue loctite flask