View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
motorradrudi OP
tourguide

Oddometer: 350
Friday 09.05.2008:

Petra and I wanted to see the Konttnkino (between Vöran and Haflings). Heike and Franz joined us while Thomas, Cathy, Rita and Helmut had other interests. The four of us initially drove the direct way to Bozen, where the traffic was again very heavy but still much better than the day before. Then we headed towards Sarntal and then Jenesien. This time I didn’t want to take the main route, but instead the old Jenesienstrasse, about which I’ve read several times on the Internet. The street branches off to the right after several hundred meters and then immediately to the left (Jenesienweg). The street is extremely narrow and extremely steep!!! In addition to those several tight curves, we were all happy that we had no oncoming traffic. After several kilometers we reached the end and stopped at the pull off. Looking back at the road one could plainly see the narrowness and steepness of the road.

We continued on up the main road towards Jensien and from there towards Mölten. We took a right there through Vöran and we arrived at the Gasthof Alpenrose. Here we parked our bikes and made our way towards the Knottnkino. The path takes about 30 minutes, sometimes very steep, but it is worth it! The view from up there is simply amazing! There are about 30 “cinema seats” set in the ground and one can watch this “Nature Movie” in all its splendor. I can only recommend to anyone coming here to take the time and do this excursion!

motorradrudi is offline   Reply With Quote