View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #57
jtb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,047
Thanks

Just found this thread and had to contribute. I don't own the bike any longer but thought I'd better post contribute as the XR250 was an awesome bike. This is the XR250 BEFORE the makeover... I never even rode it as a 250. It came with a firm seat which was something I was going to buy if it didn't have one, different cover and a much firmer foam, that allowes the rider to move around on the seat much more easily than the standard set up.

A mate of mine was handy with the tools and liked to be paid in beer, I'm hopeless on the tools and don't drink beer. A match made in heaven and what a master piece was created...

The other side of the equation...

Biggest change was the 280 kit, then the rest were minor weight saving and cosmetic incl. new head light and tail light, remove metal rear subframe, new background stickers on the side panels and head light and new tank stickers.

Would have loved a staintune exhaust but got the suspension sorted instead...

I used the bike over the next six years to trail ride, ride in club enduro's, a round of the NSW state enduro series, a round of the Thumpernats (natural terrain motocross). Don't get me wrong I'm no gun rider just a back of the pack club rider but this bike did it all! The cause of low race results was........................ the rider!

Let's face it a slow bloke on a fast bike is still a slow bloke. A fast bloke on a slow bike is still a fast bloke.

Finally sold it when I moved out west and had no time let alone anyone to ride with. Only thing missing ws the electric starter.

Hail the mighty XR280