View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
AKDuc OP
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Still on the R1. Did you ask him why not a D-S bike?

Thanks for the intro

Too funny. You know what? I just realized I never even thought to ask!!

I'll ask at the get-together we're having at The Motorcycle Shop Tues eve. That's our local Beemer shop. You rememer, the one Ewen McGreggor called "the best m/c shop he's ever been to!"

The R1 Sjaak rode around the world was a 2000 and this one's an '07. I did ask him about having to reconfigure for the newer machine tho. I remember when he came through Anchorage a few years ago on his round the world trip how stuffed full his fairing and boxes were with almost ANYTHING he'd need to repair or replace anything on the bike! He just happened to hit town on a bike night and a few of us local sportbike riders took turns sitting on his bike and even bought some of his post cards to help him on his way.

I'd offered him a place to stay back then but he'd already set up camp just outta town and was wanting an early start. I also have a very vivid memory of how tattered and torn his poor ol glove were on that trip, wishing I'd made the trip home to give him a pair of mine. As you might imagine, his gloves on this trip are in much better condition.

Mark H.

AKDuc screwed with this post 03-15-2009 at 07:03 PM
AKDuc is online now   Reply With Quote