View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #27
robhar54
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettrey1
Hey Rob, did you ever get some specs to Spiegler so we can order the longer brake line? Thanks,

Jeff
Hey Jeff,

I just sold a Voigtlander lens to one of my riding buddies so I can now afford to do this! So I have just gotten back into it. I have not yet test fitted the risers.

So far though it looks to me (and the guys at South Sound) like to be completely safe the line should be 3" longer, or 17" total center to center of banjo bolts. I have an e-mail into Spiegler asking whether they have type of banjo bolt that is on the bottom, attached to the ABS transfer box--the one with a little nib on it. If not, I'm guessing we'll have to buy a stock brake line and send it to them to cannibalize.

I am looking into having Motion Pro build longer brake and clutch cables as well. This means buying the stock cables, and sending them to Motion Pro to extend. Since they'll not be readily available (say if one breaks on a trip) I'm going to get two of each made up at the same time. Doing this will ensure, of course, that they will never, ever break.

Probably overkill...but...I sold all my other bikes so I could pamper this one.

I should know more about prices in a few days, and hopefully will have pics of the complete install in two or three weeks, I'd guess.

Rob in Seattle