View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
canadaler OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
2009 Tuareg Rallye - Morocco

Well the bikes are sitting in a crate in southern Spain at the moment and I have gear spread from one end of my dining room floor to the other right now...trying to figure out how to jam it all in two luggage bags...

My good racing buddy Dan and I are catching our flights tomorrow to Almeria Spain where the rallye starts. Sign in and tech inspection are on Sunday, then we will be taking a ferry overnight to Nador Morocco where the action will begin.

More information on the rallye itself can be found here: http://www.tuareg-rallye.com/index.htm

I should have internet access up until this Sunday, so I'll try to post some pre-rally shots of us getting ready and doing a bit of riding in southern Spain before we hit Morocco. If I manage to get access during the rallye I'll post what I can here.

Here's a couple of shots of us getting the bikes shipped last weekend:

Dan unloading the Yamaha Quad crate for us to load our two Husaberg FE550's into:

Here's a shot of my Berg before disassembly for crating:

At this point the crate looked pretty sano Once we got all our stuff jammed into it, the thing looked like a bomb had gone off inside of it. Still, there was plenty of room for two bikes, four spare wheels, two additional spare tires, helmets, boots, tools and a kitchen sink.

Unloading at the freight terminal then it's off to the airport.

OK...better get back to packing....I'll post more when we get settled in Spain.

Hasta la vista baby.
'84 Honda VT500FT Ascot
Tuareg Rally 2009
canadaler is offline   Reply With Quote