View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
kg4lho OP
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,081
So finally after all of the rain and pissy weather we have been having for the past four days, I got out this morning. Headed over to
the Great Pee Dee River WMA and got some pics. It is a really nice area and the road in carries you down about 5mi of dirt, mud, and
golf ball sized lava rock gravel roads. Little harry in a few spots but not something a street bike couldn't get to when it is dry.
Wouldn't recommend it in the dead of summer. Real swampy and tons of biting yellow flies through most of the summer. Enjoy, Wes

What some of the road in looked like:

What most of the road in looked like:

River didn't fall much from the flood stage it was at last week and then we got a bit more rain in the past four days so it will probably hit flood stage again.

Because of a gated path, this is as close to the river as I could get the KTM.

On the way out, I stopped by an Archeological Excavation Site.

It was pretty cool. Well, until I talked to one of the Vols. I asked her what kind of stuff they had found. She tells me that, unfortunately,
they have not found anything in the past 30yrs at this site. Uhh... yeah, Thirty years! There was at least 30 people there!

So after leaving the WMA, I headed over to a dirt road a few miles away that I wanted to know where it went.

Never knew this was here!

eta for spelling.

kg4lho screwed with this post 03-17-2009 at 01:51 PM
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote