View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #99
kovrob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
I heard a sound like this - without pea shooter - I hate this very much. I don't write/explain this "sound" - with my English absolutely not :) If you can, hear this before! ;)

If you not have a welder don't start it. You must saw/drill them on more places! The inner spares are welded. You must drill the canister on these points then welding back the holes.

"FWIW, you can keep the cat while running leaded fuel. It'll just be destroyed, but who needs it anyway. Weight reduction would be the only gain." - I didn't know this. I believe it may be clogged with the lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmotten
So you think drilling out the end cap where the pea shooter would be may be enough? Offcourse the connection pipe will have to be closed off.

Also, the right hand side which you converted into a storage can seems to have a baffle and all sorts of stuff welded in. Did you have any problems taking out all the innards?

I've only got basic tools like Dremel, drill and angle grinder mind you.

FWIW, you can keep the cat while running leaded fuel. It'll just be destroyed, but who needs it anyway. Weight reduction would be the only gain.
Did you have any trouble pulling it out?
kovrob is offline   Reply With Quote