View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #112
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorp
Airhead, been following your progess for a while, as I have an ST also. It is an '83 w/ 13k on her and a sweetie. However, as I've sold all my other bikes and been disappointed in a search for a G/S, (and the fact that no matter how clean you think your bike is, someone has a nicer one), She will now become a G/S also. One question I may have missed is where did you get the bashplate? (sump protector).
Gorp
It came from an ADV inmate, ernie. You can check out all his wares at twinheadlighternie.smugmug.com then click on dakota motorsports.

Keep in mind you'll have to change out the sump for a GS sump as the ST didn't have the threads to mount a bash plate. Good luck on your project. Don't forget to save all your ST pieces. There weren't many of these to begin with and not nearly as many now, so it'd be a shame to take a complete one and scatter it.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote