Yup. Been there. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...41&postcount=6
I got around to finishing my dashboard yesterday as well as making a fatfoot for my sidestand with some of the leftover stainless. The dash convinced me of my need for a drill press. I designed the dash on a computer, printed out a scale print of it, taped it to a stainless plate and punched all my centers. I used a small bit to drill pilot holes with a hand drill, but due to the toughness of the stainless that I used the bit wandered a fair amount without me noticing and consequently the holes for the idiot lights aren't spaced evenly...at all.
Oh well. It's functional and that's good enough for me. The GPS got mounted, but not wired yet. The steering head bearing got adjusted as the races weren't fully seated when initially installed. Riding seems to have pushed them in a little further. I also picked up some handlebar risers at touratech on the way home yesterday and now my handguard mounts don't smack my tank before full lock.
No pics yet - maybe tonight... if I don't blast up to the mountains for a night time shakedown run on some dirt