View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 05:17 AM   #31
Douf OP
Limey Bitch

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crash
Thanks for a great ride report. Glad to see you enjoyed your visit, hopefully your positive experience will reassure others they won't be executed as they step off the plane and give them inspiration to step out of their comfort zone and come and see a stunning country.

For a while (read that as a few years) a couple of mates and I have been planning to do a ride around S.A. following the coast and the border as far as possible. If you can make the effort to fly here and do it I guess there is no excuse for us, we are going to have to get off our lazy asses and get it done.

It's well worth the effort and in fact although there were more a few areas that looked a bit dodgy, the local people we came across were typically very inquisitive about our trip, what the US was like etc. A lot of the terrain was a bit more westernized than my ignorant preconceived foreigner imagination had led me to believe (the rural east was the South Africa I had imagined). But the folks in SA, both our trip companions and the general public were definitely one of the best features of the trip.
Douf is offline   Reply With Quote