View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #27
DiabloBlanco
Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer: 301
Of course everyone has seen this pretty basic setup, but I'm really pleased with it, RAM mount with the short arm and TT mount (even though my butt hurt a little after paying the toys TT fee). The fact that it locks is pretty worthless if you don't get the extra RAM locking nut (because then if you locked the TT mount, someone could still come up and undo your mount and walk off with it). But the TT does ensure the mount won't be the weak point that gives in the event of... something... But I really like the RAM mount, being able to put the garmin at any angle at any place on the bars. Works out nicely.

Furthermore, I bought a Garmin power cable and a CANbus cable, so once I solder them together I'll have it powered through the CANbus terminal on top of the battery.

The 60Csx isn't the best option in any situation (it IS a small screen), but it's a great option in all situations. Plus I use it a lot on the military side of life, so it's my little do everything. In a couple weeks I'll be purchasing the Wanderlust map data from smellybiker.com once version 2 comes out. Hell of a lot better than Garmin's worldmap...

US (MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, TX), Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela. 11 down, 184 to go.
DiabloBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote