View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 04:58 AM   #67
Douf OP
Limey Bitch

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by windburn
My son spent a year in south Africa as a exchange student, It has been such a pleasure to see photos of that wonderful country again. Your report is outstanding. What a unique route selection. Thank you!
Thanks for reading the report. Actually going back through the picture archive, even between eight of us, it struck me how few photos we got of the stuff that was really worth seeing. At least the pillions were shooting a few action shots as we rode along; I barely got any. My motivation is primarily to be out there riding and I really don't want to spend too much time stopping to take 'proper' photos; but I'd be happy to take more 'snaps' if I could come up with an appropriate contraption. Something along the lines of a helmet mounted camera with a bar mounted shutter release (maybe bluetooth) would definitely improve the situation. Apparently the skydiving community uses the sort of thing that might work, but if anyone's got any specific recommendations
Suffice it to say that if this collection of gas station and restaurant pics, coupled with my limited descriptive powers is inspiring; then the reality of South Africa is so much better

Douf
Douf is offline   Reply With Quote