View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #62
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Revit Dragon Jacket

Hi Ovenking,

The REVIT Dragon Jacket is a great choice especially if you are just getting into the sport. It will perform all year and under almost all conditions.

We (quickly) took some shots of the Hi-Vis Option in the Studio recently.

The Full Gallery is on our Flickr here: REVIT Dragon Jacket Gallery

The REV'IT! gear is European sized and runs narrow and a bit snug. I would actually put you in a Large based on your chest measurement. I think the Medium would be constrictive. The length should be ok.

If you go with the L and it is a hair large we will pay the return shipping to send you a new one. We do that on all REV'IT Jackets and Pants.

Relating to the pants, the REVIT Zip Pants are a very solid basic overpant meant to be worn over jeans, thermals etc. There is no thermal lining, its just a shell pant. If you wanted a good 4 season versatile pant in the same price range as the Dragon Jacket the REVIT Factor Pants may be a better option. They have a built in weather proof and detchable thermal lining and can be worn by themself if you like. They will also allow you to ride in colder weather than the Zip.

As for measuring, moto pants are worn higher than jeans and the waist measurement is your true waist, not your jeans waist. Your inseam is a 29" which is a ~73 cm. This puts you on the cusp of a XS or Small. In pants too long is always better than too short as long as the armor is in place.

Next Step: Take a measurement of your TRUE WAIST - circumference around your torso at your belly button. That number is the number used to denote where you will fall on the size chart. If you are closer to Small than XSmall we will 100% go the size up.

The size chart is here.

UPDATE: webBikeWorld just posted their review of the jacket - http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/rev-it/dragon-jacket/

Give us a ring or repost here with yout measurements and any other questions.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenking
Hi Anthony,

I need to get myself kitted out within a budget and was looking at the Dragon jacket as an ideal combo of price and features, a jacket I can wear year-round. I'm just starting out in riding (a real n00b) and will probably do more commuting and daytripping initially, and getting into longer touring with experience.

Looking at Rev'It sizing charts I'm still a bit unclear and want to confirm what size I should be looking at. As un hombre I'm height-challenged at 5'6", with a chest size of 40". I can fit into 38-39" suit jackets, but obviously with a moto jacket I'd like to be able to layer some fleece under if necessary. Is the medium going to be a good fit despite the fact I'm just above the chest size recommendation? And how's the length on that for someone my height?

As for pants I was thinking about the Zip as a do-it-all pant for commuting and daytripping. How has the feedback been for it? I haven't found too much about it except for the one review on your site. Sizing wise, I'm about a 30" x 29", but the 30" is based on wearing them right on or just below my hips. Is that how I would also wear moto pants or should they be pulled higher? Anyway, which size should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 04-14-2009 at 10:06 AM
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote