View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
DRONE OP
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,311
Axle Sliders from Rhino Motorcycle Products

Got these custom made by Rhino. Really great service and great people at Rhino. Came out nice, donít you think? Thereís an aluminum rod with threaded ends that goes thru the axleóthe bobbins bolt directly into it. If you want some, call or e-mail Rhino and ask for Steffen.

Techmount GPS Platform from Cycle Gadgets

Nothing fancy here except I used two sections of vacuum hose to dress up the nylock nuts on the back of the mounting plate.

Oxford Heated Grips from Lockitt Corp

Very easy mod to do and an absolute must here in the cold and wet Pacific Northwest. I chose this particular product for two reasons: the heavy-duty molded shoes that protect the wires where they attach to the grips; and the sweet little solid-state 4-position pushbutton switch. I left a gap between the throttle sleeve and the brake so thereíd be room for a throttle lock should I get one. These heaters have another neat little feature Ė to protect the battery they automatically power off if the bikeís electrical system drops below 11.5 volts.

LIN3 Brake Light from Needlights

I like a brake light thatís not a running light. This LIN3 uses three LEDís and itís as bright, if not brighter, than the OEM brake light. This was my very first mod. Cheap, easy, and extremely effective.

Front Fender Extension from Wunderlich

I ride a lot in the rain and so when it comes to fenders, the bigger and badder the better.

Stainless Steel Radiator Guard from Pegasus Racing

This is just a piece of stainless mesh, painted black, then wire-tied into place behind the OEM rad guard. Extra protection from rocks, and I like the way it looks.
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote