Thread: Noob in Namibia
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 07:25 AM   #11
Three Dawg OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 502
Next stop Aus, and Klein Aus Vista. Reasonably easy day, maybe 5 hours or so all on graded dirt roads. Nice cabins, restaurant and ice cold lager on tap. What's not to like?

Few of these little buggers about though... Sorry the pic's not very sharp, but it was dark and they're quick!

Ever get bored of an African sunset? Nah, me neither. Thanks to The Bear for this one, take while out jogging. Yep, jogging. No, I don't understand it either

Aus is famous for its wild horses. We went off early in the morning (again, I though this was supposed to be a holiday!) to a hide about 20K down the road and waited...

Real horse, iron horse. We actually saw three horses come down to the water trough. They were left here by the German Army before the first world war. The population is slightly shakey because of the hash conditions, but these seemed well enough. An oryx appeared as well. No other humans in sight, just the way I like it.

Time for breakfast, and then off to Sossusvlei where the big dunes are (and a day off the bike).

Three Dawg screwed with this post 12-10-2011 at 10:55 AM
Three Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote