View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Laconic OP
Aņejo

Oddometer: 16,130
Voyages of the Black Pearl

I'm going to try to contribute something with some redeeming value around here. I can't seem to get my act together with doing big ride reports, so I'll just try to post some pictures and notes as I get time.

Seeing as it is Easter Sunday, no one showed up for our normal Sunday ride today. That gave me a chance to ride by myself and shoot some pictures of a couple things I've wanted to for several years.

The Black Pearl awaits...

The first stop was the Troublesome Iron Works.

Here we are at the site.

Here's a millstone that's really the only indication there is anything significant here...

There are a few sections of the stone foundations left, but not much else. Many thanks to the folks who dump their trash and deer carcasses here.

Here's a section of another millstone. The iron works became a grist mill among other things after the war.

It would be neat to think that some of the walls were here when General Greene and his Patriots were here, but I doubt any of this is original to the iron works....

From the Troublesome Iron Works we headed out to do some random cruising.

The cows were out on Hwy. 65...

We stopped by to see the MR. "T" memorial. He had his own mailbox....

Someone loved that pig.

No encounters here, but we had our eyes peeled...

I found this road today; you can see Pilot Mountain and Hanging Rock from the same spot.

Laconic screwed with this post 04-12-2009 at 08:37 PM
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote