View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 03:43 AM   #1665
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Makes sense no wonder my DR so stable it backside drags slightly, ( eg opposite to Motard Bum up stance ) an XT rider suggested it pushed the front wheel when he rode it, but It doesn't for me though I may lift the Rear 10mm and try it ( I rode his XT660 but couldn't figure it out, the centre of gravity was higher and the front tucked I thought ) and not once did I lose the front Wheel on the Track with those settings even with the Cont Dual sport Escape on the front.

Just out of interest my fork tubes are up 25mm in yokes and rear sag with me on is 100mm ( stock fork )

Some more pic,s to keep things colourful till Ladder arives

I was 17 and the year was 1980 that XR was new and cost $1995, as per my aviator ,then I was 500 rider and there was no such thing as the internet ( man Im Old )\
Note 23" front, now thats a proper wheel

The XR was ever bit what the the DR is today, It could cruise at 110kph on the Back wheel
But in truth was not the tourer the DR is, A couple of Trips I did at 140kph and I was so tired from hanging on, Dont think Id even notice on DR apart from the tickets

My first Real Bike a 1974 DT250 I was 15 or 16 and I still remember it cost $650 I though I was in heaven, but I wasn,t
Side picture was a 1981 KLX 250 $2850 great offroad bad on road in that way Dirt bikes havnt changed

Opps I may have started something, come on boys show us your old bikes ( just photograph the photographs in you old fashion albums)

MCmad screwed with this post 04-16-2009 at 04:43 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote