View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
hazard OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Not that I'm dumb, but sometimes I lack common sense.

Last time I did dirt, any dirt was 25-30 years ago, on small machines not a 600 pound moose.

SO of course I'm going to Baja and do some dirt. On trip planning most gave me a heads up. Practice, get knobbies, and don't go alone. Well none of that worked out.

So where were we.

I did the Compadres trail, and see a group of MX bikes, may have been a training camp for kids. Then I see a group of 4 suspicious cars hauling ass almost knocked me off the road....

The bike is sliding and shifting, and I remember, just gas it. Well it worked. Never dumped the big ole moose but I thought I might. But I just gassed it. Oh yeah last piece of advice I ignored like an idiot. Did not drop pressure.

SO when I finally hit Mex 3, I feel great. Now maybe this is easy dirt, but its still frickin baja dirt. I feel like celebrating. I pull into a town looking to brag and celebrate, but this is the only guy around, and I have no biscuits.

SO Instead I just go in here and get a coke. I had a big old smile on my face. The must have though I was some stupid gringo....

SO I head down Mex 3. Right before it hits 5, into San Felipe is a big military check point. They searched everything. Nice guys, though.

I get to San Felipe and check into this place. Overpriced 70 US, I should have stayed across the street 35 US,

I get a Negro Modelo at a bar and walk around. Ticky tacky tourist town, but I bet its a gas when its jumpin.

I eat at place called Chuiys (sp?) and have Pineapple Shrimp, it was good. When I first saw it I thought it would be to sweet but it was not.

Next morning I got up and took some sunrise pics:

This Guy wants his picture taken

Tomorrow, off to Alfosinas, Cocos and Bay of LA....

09 Solo Baja Trip
07 K1200GT
08 GSA
hazard is offline   Reply With Quote