View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #61
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscardig
Dude ... the mod's are happening quickly for me , can you post some pic's of your ride? I'm looking at doing a lot of the mod's you've already done and want more detail ... cig lighter? radiator guards? footpegs? Tell me more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Meefzah, you've done quite a lot of mods on your KLX.. how about a pictorial tour?

I'm going to add Bill Blue's big bore kit and turn it into a 351 cc.

Well, here's the most recent picture I have with my saw ready for some trail cleaning! You can see the pegs and radiator guards in the shot.

The cig lighter is mounted to the crossbar of the handlebars using a pair of metal wire looms. I'll take a picture later and post it. It is wired direct to battery through a two wire flat SAE plug that hangs just under the speedometer. This way I can unplug the cig lighter and plug in a battery charger.

I just installed a headlight "off" switch using a similar method (metal wire loom to the crossbar, SAE plug); I'll take a picture of that, too.

Following a tip on the KLX forum I just ordered a set of 1" raising links to raise the suspension for a taller ride... kind of like hillbillies lift their pickups, I guess. Should be arriving in a day or so.

As far as the 351 kit, I'm leaning towards that once I get my V Strom paid off. I think it will be paid off in a few months, and the big bore kit would make a nice winter project (for my mechanic!).

If anyone is interested, here's a few KLX250S videos I put together on Youtube.

The first is mostly of my buddy, on a WR450; but if you look closely I'm in there a bit!

This one depicts my constant inability to stand up. Lazy, I guess. It bites me in the ass sometimes...

My Smugmug Galleries

MeefZah screwed with this post 04-21-2009 at 12:07 AM
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote