Thread: Hawai'i
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #75
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvstan
Just found this thread and I am glad to see some Hawaii activity. We have a place in Volcano Village, but I spend most time in NY (so far). Wife goes back and forth and so do I. No bike in Hawaii yet, but I am looking. My goal is to do the Saddle road. Doesn't sound like much of a goal but I just got my license last fall so I am a new rider. So who handles shipping bikes inter-island? I found an R80ST for sale on Maui last year, but I couldn't figure how to get it to the Big Island. There are not many bikes available near Volcano.
Thw only venor I found that will do inter-island vehicle tranport is "Young Brothers" and I was told I have to have the bike palletized when it arrives on the dock (have your own pallet) or you can rent a container but there is a waiting list and $$$ so I was told by them. Matson and Pasha only do hawaii-mainland and back. Pasha charges $525 for a San diego to hawaii for a KLR goes by weight.

I am already entertaining the idea of purchishing on the big island and leaving it there, but have no place to leave the bike secured.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote