Not trying to step on anyone's feet, just want to play too ... so with rich_mc's permission I'd like to start a NF version of his "GREAT TAG -O- RAMMA"...
as of 2/19/2010 NF boundaries are: Daytona North / Tallahassee East
hope you don't mind that I've quoted your rules below rich_mc.
"The rules are simple:
There's a picture posted of a bike in front of a landmark. It has clues (maybe written or maybe in the photo).
Your job is to:
1. Figure out where the photo was taken.
2. Ride your bike there and duplicate the picture.
3. Ride your bike back and post the picture here in the thread. (mobile uploads are kosher )
If you are the first to do all three tasks, you win.
Your prize??...You get to post the next new tag....
1. Since the idea is to get as many people contributing as possible, we must limit this to paved and/or hardpacked roads. Nothing that you wouldn't want to take your streetbike down.
2. File photos are allowed for posting a new tag.
3. File photos are NOT
allowed for tagging someone else's posted tag.... You must ride to the tag location and take a new picture in order to actually win the tag. (beware of signs and advertisments in your background)
4. A clue should be included with your tag, not required, helps to keep the game moving. (don't go giving the location away, just inspire a little curiousity amongst those of us who are not familliar with the tag )
NO WHINING - There will be occasions where you ride all the way there and come back to post your photo only to find out that someone else beat you to it. Tough shit - Get over it.
There will be people who go in the middle of the night to get a tag...It's very addictive - Proven by this quote from the post of one of the Ohio Tag Players - Damn, this is like a drug. I go out, score, race home, tie the tourniquet on, and upload the sweet rush into my veins! I can't do anything else before I do that. Right now I got a morning crap brewing so bad I'm standing up at the keyboard, back arched, grunting and squeezing my sphincter shut. Mind over (fecal) matter... must upload pic..."
5. if a new tag is posted, then taged and posted with in 1 hour of original post, orginal tager owes new tagger a beer at place of original taggers choosing... ...(say that three times fast!)
6. if tag is/at a bar, once discovered, tagger must post a picture of the tag & of themselves with full pint & empty pint (if you don't drink a n/a beverage will suffice)
7. if a tag is captured by a team, all parties must be in the new tag
8. all rules are up for debate and can be amended/removed upon vote via poll. simple majority wins. new rules/suggestions welcome.
FINAL NOTE: Remember, this is a game, have fun!
NF TOR MAP