View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #42
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,309
then wait a year, for the price of a used TU, you can find a clapped out enfield. nothing against enfields but you are comparing apples to oranges, used vs new. not to mention the dealer/part situation isn't the same on an enfield.

Glad your happy with your bike but....Different strokes for Different folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Wheeltor
My apologies for hijacking this thread.
The only place to buy an Enfield in Florida is from Gene & Whitey at Holopaw Corvette in Holopaw, Fl. (Ural dealer and legend, and Enfield dealer).

Performance should be equal or better than the xt225. But the Xt is a lithe machine and feels good. The TU just seems goofy. I am sure it is a good bike, but it seems like a Honda Super Hawk in a sea of larger motorcycles.

For the price of the TU, you can pick up a low mileage Enfield. Classic, traditional, beautiful, 80 mpg, easy to work on.

Caution, before you listen to anyone about an Enfield who knows somebody whose postman's friends 3rd cousin knew someone who had one and didn't like it- talk to someone who owns a fairly recent one.

HighwayChile screwed with this post 05-01-2009 at 12:44 PM
HighwayChile is online now   Reply With Quote