View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #6
Boarder06 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Ferry from Venice to Igoumenitsa

I took the ferry from Venice to Igoumentisa in Greece to save some time on my way down. We ended up having four bikes on the ferry, two V-Stroms, one GS, and my Ten. We were told to park between the loading ramps at the very back of the ferry. No tie down points at all and the bikes were really close to each other, practically touching. When I asked I was told that theyíll be fine. With mixed feelings about this I went upstairs to my cabin.

I spent the evening in the company of German and Dutch retirees, who made the crossing with their camper vans, and Greek truck drivers. I had a chance to play bingo but decided against it. My only bingo experience is of the South Pole extreme, full impact bingo kind and I didnít want to get into trouble. I opted to watch a bloody action flick in one of the lounges instead. After a good nightís sleep I watched a Rambo movie in the morning before it was time to disembark. Somehow Greek ferry companies donít have the same qualms when it comes to movie selection and some of the kids enjoyed the bloodfest.

The bikes were fine and I drove off as soon as the doors opened.

Boarder06 screwed with this post 07-08-2010 at 07:36 AM
Boarder06 is offline   Reply With Quote