View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
sakurama OP
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadlsor
...did I see a Honda 400 SuperSport, dressed in red, in the background of one of your shop pix? Or was I just spacing out.... ?
I think there might be a CB200 somewhere. Bikes in the background were my Rickman Triumph project (apart), a Bonnie, my ex TZ250, an XR100 and my friend Todd's BSA project (his Mission Creep was, "I need a new crank for the BSA and now that I found one why don't I build another engine, and if I'm going to build another engine it should be a race engine and if I build a race engine I should build a replica Seeley frame..." You can see how we're a dangerous group to be around.

Yes, I think the frame needs to come off and get done with the rest of it. I'm going to do both engine side cases, subframe, passenger pegs and... I'm making a list and checking it twice.

The paint is a worry. I haven't painted in a few years but we have a nice booth and I've got a flake gun that I typically can't help using. The last bike I painted was for my brother - a smaller Adventure in House of Kolor Sunset Candy with ghosted pearl flames:

The shot does not do it justice - it positively glowed. I've always loved deep metal flake but it's really hard to do, at least for me. But it might be cool.

sakurama screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 10:20 AM
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote