View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 05:07 AM   #97
Bartron
Bike Punisher

Oddometer: 693
Thanks SteveRed. On the original F*8 rims, are you running a 130/80 R17 Mitas rear? Here in Canada I seem to only be able to find that size and I'm concerned about slip of the tire on the rim during acceleration.

Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRed
I am running superlaced rims from Woody on the 1200gsa and run standard rims on the F800, though I am thinking of getting Woody to run me off a pair of Excel rims in an 18/21" combo so I have more tyre choice.

I find the Mitas is a really good wearing tyre if doing large miles... and I am not so fussed about running a full knobby on the rear for the most part, especially where the mix of road is 50/50 tar and dirt. Running a knobby on the front is more important. The Dunlop 908 is a pretty hard wearing knobby. It doesn't behave as well on the tar as the 606 but is a better off road tyre. If I was doing more sand and dirt and less tarseal I would opt for the Mitas E-09 or TKC or Rally Raid for our Aussie outback.

Cheers

==================================
:: Furious Basterds: Velox, Vehemens, Oblivio
::
:: "For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible. For those who do, none is necessary."
Bartron is offline   Reply With Quote