View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #38
Boarder06 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Kas to Side

A thunderstorm woke me up my last night in Kas. The tent was shaking violently from the wind. There was a lot of thunder and lightning but not that much rain actually. In the morning I managed to pack my tent away dry and was hoping it wouldn’t be so bad. Well, as soon as I left the city limit it started raining.

When I stopped at the ruins of Myra the rain even increased and I decided to have lunch and watch the soaking wet Russian tourists in their beach outfits instead. Just after lunch it cleared long enough to take some pictures of the Lycian rock tombs.

I didn’t linger long and made my way down the coastal highway to the east. I hit Antalya during rush hour and of course the rain picked up to a sizable downpour. I pressed on until I reached Side. A bit of a shocker with all the tourists from the nearby hotels descending onto this little village. I parked my bike and starting looking for a place to stay. I found a nice place with parking, hot shower and heating. Perfect, now I just had to convince the official manning the gate to let me drive into the village. He basically just ignored me and I decided to drive around the gate
In the morning I walked around the ruins for about an hour before breakfast.

Side Ampitheater

During breakfast heavy rain started and I was debating weather I should leave or stay put. The owner of the place checked the forecast for me and it looked like rain for the foreseeable future everywhere I wanted to go. Might es well leave then…
Boarder06 is offline   Reply With Quote