View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #755
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Stump
I purchased the Turbine jacket / pants for the hot months and the Cayenne Pro for the NOT so hot months!
This is exactly what I did. After growing up in dog-breathing-in-your-face Oklahoma, I decided to punish myself by moving to Virginia. The humidity sucks.

So far I've found the Turbine to vent a little less than a perforated leather jacket, but I like the quality and comfort of the jacket.

I use the rain liner that came with the Cayenne Pro in the Turbine -- mostly to serve as a wind block on my morning commute. It has been in the 50s in the morning, 80s when I leave. My bottom comfort range in the Turbine is about 55F without a liner. So far I've worn it up to 86F, this coming week it will be in the 90s in Georgia (road trip).

[edit]
One more thing. I could have NEVER afforded both the CP and the Turbine at the same time. Get the Turbine now -- you might be able to wear it into the fall with a fleece vest/jacket underneath depending on where you live and your cold tolerance. By then, you may have saved enough to get a Cayenne Pro for the rest of fall through spring.
DrFaulken is offline   Reply With Quote