View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #759
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,484
From my experience black is a lot warmer when you are standing still however once on the way you will not be able to tell the difference.

It's nearly impossible to measure how much safer the TURBINE is over AIR and TYPHOON. It uses stronger textiles and better armor therefore it's safer. If your budget allows it, go for it. If it doesn't, AIR of TURBINE will still provide you with adequate protection, especially compared to competing products from value brands.

I really like Dr.Faulken's suggestion to buy the TURBINE now and the CAYENNE PRO when it gets colder. The summer is here, and I do not see a reason to get 4 season jacket right away. Cheers,

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbearing
Thanks,

I was afraid that two sets of gear would be required.

If I have to buy two sets, which mesh gear? I know that the Turbine is the safest, but how much less protection does the Typhoon and Air provide? I don't really need a rain liner for a strictly summer jacket. Besides, I will probably wear a one piece rain suit anyway if need be.

Also, How much warmer is the black compared to the lighter colors?

Maybe I should just move away from "the armpit of America". That would make this decision easier.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote