View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
LoFlow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by scibeer
So I know they aren't the end all for serious dirt, but I'm hoping they will take at least a moderate amount of abuse. I smacked my GSA rims around and they held up well through high speed potholes and rocks. I know they aren't excels, but the caponord wheels aren't butter soft or anything, right? With the superlace and oversize ss spokes they ought to be better than BMW stockers??

I'm not gonna run street tires, but I'd like a set of 19"/17" tubeless dualsport rims for everyday use that won't fold if they take a hit or two on fire roads. Planning on running tourance, anakees or TKC's on them.
I think you have pretty much nailed it right there. Chris at Woodys says the rims are as good ( or bad ) as the GS rims and will be stronger with the superlace. I haven't punished mine, but they seem to be holding up to dirt and chatter box gravel roads at speed.

I run the Tourances. I can cross this state or multi states, ride gravel/dirt roads for a couple of days, and then haul ass back home. It works out great for me. With no mud of course.
LoFlow is offline   Reply With Quote