View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #75
john_aero
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92029
The price is high in Euros, pounds or Dollars - and who needs or wants to carry an additional 17L +/-, that is double the stock tank. I get 200+ miles ridding into a strong head wind and 235 -250 miles under normal conditions.

The IBA requires everyone to stop every 350 miles and I can't think of anywhere that requires a 450+ mile range, PLUS the 25 additional pounds weight which will be much higher than the stock tank, thus probably adversely effecting handling.

Yea, you can be the only one on your block foolish enough to buy one, but it isn't cool IMHO
german page is euro, uk page is punds sterling. funny enought the price in sterling ismore expensive and then with excahnge rate means it is even more expensicve if buy fromthe main germantouratech shop.

i find that extra large tank is a great idea and well worth the effort, but for the cost of over 1.5k, i would prefer to buy 2 20 euro fuelcansand spend the remaining1,460 euro onmy bike or my trip.

but it is a nice looking tank.

weird why they so dear when RV Aqualine make similar tank for the kt 690 enduro and its half the price i believe

john_aero screwed with this post 05-19-2009 at 10:26 PM
john_aero is offline   Reply With Quote