View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #73
TomN OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,503
Love the 2nd video, classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Well, here's the most recent picture I have with my saw ready for some trail cleaning! You can see the pegs and radiator guards in the shot.

The cig lighter is mounted to the crossbar of the handlebars using a pair of metal wire looms. I'll take a picture later and post it. It is wired direct to battery through a two wire flat SAE plug that hangs just under the speedometer. This way I can unplug the cig lighter and plug in a battery charger.

I just installed a headlight "off" switch using a similar method (metal wire loom to the crossbar, SAE plug); I'll take a picture of that, too.

Following a tip on the KLX forum I just ordered a set of 1" raising links to raise the suspension for a taller ride... kind of like hillbillies lift their pickups, I guess. Should be arriving in a day or so.

As far as the 351 kit, I'm leaning towards that once I get my V Strom paid off. I think it will be paid off in a few months, and the big bore kit would make a nice winter project (for my mechanic!).

If anyone is interested, here's a few KLX250S videos I put together on Youtube.

The first is mostly of my buddy, on a WR450; but if you look closely I'm in there a bit!

This one depicts my constant inability to stand up. Lazy, I guess. It bites me in the ass sometimes...