View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #188
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,430
OK, after a short hiatus involving weekend trips, beating the snot out of my DR in the dunes, the sale of my beloved duc , discovering Solo Lobo's true identity (Phil Collins), and various other diversions, I'm finally back on to the beemer with renewed determination (and funding).

I have all the parts on order to convert the ST to points ignition: those include the points can, a dyna green coil, a dyna booster (thanks Wirespokes ), and a brand new set of plug wires and points/condensor.

Despite searching all of Datchew's threads from the last year or so, I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram showing exactly how this mess hooks up. Basically, I'm assuming that the stock switched hot off the ignition switch still supplies power to the coil, and the black wire leads to the points can and from there to ground (not including booster, not sure how that fits into the equation). Anybody have a wiring diagram that they've modified to show their points-in-can setup? Ideally, I don't want to modify my wiring harness at all. I'd like to be able to put the thing back to stock easily. If that means running new wiring then so be it.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote