View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #20
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGeeeze
I just bought a set of the Rox Risers for my bike. Of course I screwed up my order and Ryan called me because I used the comment field to tell him what I wanted. Great service. He sent the link to this install. I'm mostly through doing the install and have some comments.

My bars are held down by some E-10 Torx bolts so that's the tool I need to sneak in that gap. Sears local to me doesn't have them in stock of course.

My throttle cable is very snug now. I even moved the bars around some just to ease the pressure and it doesn't have room. I'm going to have to bend or remove the little wire clip near the VIN on the fork tree. Anyone else have that or am I just lucky? Mine was the first GSA12 delivered at Morton's BMW in VA so it's early production.
I assume you moved the cables and hoses behind the fork tubes? If so, you may have to lift the tank and do a bit of repositioning of the throttle cable to get it to cleanly reach.

As for the E-10 Torx, use a 9mm, IIRC, closed end wrench to loosen and tighten them, or replace the E-Torx with allen screws like I did.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote