View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
SgtMike OP
facebook.com/mikeraces

Oddometer: 1,126
Charlotte, NC to New Delhi, India - The Journey Continues

October 2007, Chanderjeet was the first scholarship rider for International Frienship Program. Brought to us by ADVRider members to share the one thing that we have in common, motorcycle touring. After a truly inspirational outpouring of generosity and friendship, we all experienced CJ's Journey Into Friendship. In 2008, Shurstik (Alexy) from Vladivostok, Russia was the second rider we had the priveledge to meet.

It was my honor to host both of these guys and now consider them friends and welcome in my home, door is always open fellas.

When CJ and I parted ways in VA, I promised to come visit someday. June 10th is that someday! Passport recieved, India visa secured, plane ticket purchased, chore monies saved. Chanderjeet has been kind enough to recieve me and make some amazing arrangements for the trip. Motorcycle, vacation time, a place to crash, hanging out with this regular guy from North Carolina... my gratitude and many blessings are with my friend Chanderjeet and his Richa.

We will be carrying on a program that CJ started last year; Bikers for Books. Donated books and school supplies will be delivered to village schools in the northern mountain areas. Last year was the begining, this year is only the continuation of this great cause. The years to come will be amazing!

This is me, average joe (SgtMike);

SgtMike screwed with this post 06-03-2009 at 06:14 PM Reason: spelling
SgtMike is offline   Reply With Quote