View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #29
Al Goodwin OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Dave
So, Al, . . . what's the story? Pictures? Receipts from hospital, court, local establishments? A KLR with a retired road racer piloting in rural Alabama has unlimited tall tale potential. Don't keep us waiting . . . . .

Just 72 hours from now I'll, possibly , be lost in the Perry Mountain MC trail system....suffering from dehydration and muscle fatigue to the point of being unable to feel my hands. My ass will be sore as my Monkey Butt powder can't withstand the profuse sweating off my 60lb. overweight body. I'll have switched to my comfy Sidi Discovery boots, giving up on the whole MX boot idea of protection, just giving in to "I'm tired, my feet hurt....to hell with it". My stock headlight will be making every small hole look like a 4 ft. deep ravine that "Damnit how have I not seen that all day!!!". I'll start marking where bodywork pieces have fallen off my KLR with the trip meter, maybe somebody can go pick'em up for me.

But, my Eagle Mike Doohickee will still be doing it's job. The Cogent Dynamics Moab shock and front springs will be making the ride, and control, as good as any can. The K-9 fork brace will be helping me get the front tire out, of yet...another rut. The additional radiator will be keeping things nice and cool, well...the bike cool at least. The custom built seat my brother built for me will be tired of my fat ass sitting on it, "Aren't you supposed to stand up!!!"

I'd like to say I'm ready for this, but I know I'm not Maybe I should have done a bit of running, or maybe just cut down some on the Yuengling comsumption

It'll be a fun 2 days anyhow...I can't wait.
'04 Honda XR400
'76 Yamaha TY250
Al Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote