planning a trip through france to spain

Discussion in 'EMEA' started by tommyvdv, Jan 16, 2013.

1. beebeer54

beebeer54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Watch out for the COPS last week near Reims out in the country I got a €90 souvenier for not stopping at a stop sign! Not a good start to a trip - bugger!
  2. The Spanish Biker

The Spanish Biker The Essential Companion to Biking in Spain

Oddometer:
    Oh Man - I'm just down the road at la Pobla de Segur.

If you're setting off this morning, Monday, the weather should buck up, otherwise the C1311 from Tremp would have been a bonus, one of the best bendy roads in the Pyrenees :clap

Regs

Simon
  3. tommyvdv

tommyvdv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bardenas reales. did some recon today. the smaller routes through there are awesome. but I think they're bicycle/walking routes.

too bad. missed you by one town. where are you headed? we're heading north to foz de arbayun, guesa, sartze, ochagavia, itzaltzu, isaba,.. over the French border and in turn over to seintein where we hope to stay on a friends lawn by Thursday.

I believe the route is yours from a certain point.
  4. tommyvdv

Oddometer:
    thanks for the tip!
    i usually hover at it until I'm sure. that usually includes stopping but not the foot down. would that count?
  5. WIBO

WIBO Will it buff out?

Oddometer:
    If it were I I'd put a foot down...that way you've made it clear you've stopped.

At the end of the day it's no big deal to stop and double check and ride on..especially when in holiday mode..

:D
  6. The Spanish Biker

The Spanish Biker The Essential Companion to Biking in Spain

Oddometer:
    Hi, yes, most of the trails in the Bardenas are for bicycles only. But there's a lovely round trip in the valley and the northern entrances - about 80 kms in all.

You have a lovely route back over into France - I usually stay in the camp site at Ochagavia. It's grassy, very well organised and you can walk into the village - there's also a lovely swimming place just upstream from the village - again, within walking distance.

Our routes aren't coinciding as such - I'm holed up here at La Pobla pretty much all summer and do excursions from there as and when I can! But I only got back here last Thursday after a week in Teruel.

Have a great time!

Regs

Simon
  7. tommyvdv

Oddometer:
    i noticed something was off when a team of bush trimmers was giving me the stink eye while passing by