The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    It was her decision, not mine. MrsDonkeys likes to shoot, and feels safer carrying a gun. I venture to say she can shoot better than most guys on this forum.

She sees a gun, she likes a gun, but she won't buy it for herself because she feels guilty spending money on herself. So I buy it for her when she least expects it.

I'm the same way with motorcycles. I feel guilty buying motos, so she buys them for me. :lol3
  2. CodeMonkee

CodeMonkee Geek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a little bit different approach, especially for firearms I may use for self-defense: if there are no recommendations against a particular type/brand or ammo. Then I get a number of different brands, projectile weights, brands and power levels. Using those I find out what works and what doesn't.

If the gun works with enough ammo to be satisfactory then I keep it, otherwise I move on. What is enough? It depends on the gun; I had expected the Galil clone to work with US ball ammo. When it didn't (FTE about every other mag) I decided to sell it. If a stock Glock didn't work with most ammo I would probably return it for warranty/exchange. If I had a Kimber Solo or something like a Rohrbaugh then I would accept that there are some kinds/brands of ammo that they might not like - the purpose of these handguns being a backup or pocket pistol, the purpose of the Glock or AK being something that was a primary defensive arm and that should work with almost anything due to their design, purpose and reputation for reliability.
  3. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    Dammit. These are my latest obsession. No, I have no reason to justify them. No, I don't really have a great place to shoot them. No, I certainly don't have the large pile of $$$ needed to add them to the collection, but I just need to have them. Those two would work perfectly. If you need the space in your safe, I promise I'll keep them nice and comfy here with me. :deal
  4. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    On the front lines, battling a global pandemic.
    Wow, that is absolutely stunning.
  5. cms81586

cms81586 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some holsters I've made for friends and a few "customers". It's addicting....:norton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I need to learn how to make stuff like that... Way cool.

sent from my abacus.
  7. GoGo Gadget

GoGo Gadget Long timer

Oddometer:

Nice. I contacted a local guy to make me one for my 22/45 like that but a little wider with a spot for my suppressor. Was not worth the $165 he wanted to charge for it. Some day I will get the stuff to make my own.
  8. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    Man, I sure would like to find someone local with your problem. I'd like about a dozen made for different guns and carry styles.
  9. blake716

blake716 nine toes

Oddometer:
    :clap

I need one of these. Mostly just to get a good eye roll from the wife. :lol3
  10. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    <EMBED height=315 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=560 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/enzlTEysYVU?version=3&hl=en_US allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>
  11. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    I had a S&W kit gun (can't remember the model number) in .22. Can't get much smaller......that thing ALWAYS worked. Wish I still had it. They're "prohibited" in Canada now (dumb fucking government) because the tubes are only 4"??? But it was SMALL
    Lyle
  12. Manuel Garcia O'Kely

Manuel Garcia O'Kely Back at last

Oddometer:

Esp. if you get an IWB model...

I have not been able to bring myself to like the plastic holsters yet, but I know a lot of people do.
  13. Squelch

Squelch Everyday People Supporter

Oddometer:
    That Magpul breakdown gun reminds me of the HK MP5K in a briefcase:

[​IMG]

I saw an HK dealer shoot one in North Carolina at an IPSC competition back in 1998 or 99. It was a great idea, with the trigger in the handle. You could basically hold the handle with one hand and grab the bottom of the briefcase with the other, and spray rounds all over the damn place.

Speaking of that, the HK dealer drove his van, and backed it right up to the range - inside it looked like a gun lover's wet dream. HKs hung on pegboards all around the walls, like some sort of super-spy secret hideout.
  14. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This should be in everyone's Zombie purse
  15. BigIron

BigIron Tenured Prof - Leghump U.

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I need one too. Same reason.

:evil
  16. DeepSeaOne

DeepSeaOne Carnivore

Oddometer:
    GAP can surely build them. I've placed top 3 in every match I've run them in except for 3. Luckily I have a place to stretch them out and shoot to 850 yds regularly.
  17. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    My Marlin 336

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. rapidoxidationman

rapidoxidationman Easily trainable

Oddometer:
  19. Manuel Garcia O'Kely

Manuel Garcia O'Kely Back at last

Oddometer:
    Sweet - that looks to be a bit older than mine, it certainly has better wood, mine is opaque stained - still shoots nice - I love mine.
  20. Evergreen

Evergreen Crash Gymnast

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]My EBR. American Spirit Arms flat top with Lothar-Walther bull barrel. Puts 'em through the same hole at 500yds. when conditions are right.[​IMG]