Striking Viking bumming the world (On the road again)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by strikingviking, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    there's a lot of that story that just doesn't add up. its a 1993 BMW, thats an old bike already, and a corbin seat, so wtf does BMW NA have to do with it? at most the dealer who sold the seat could be sued.
  2. strikingviking

strikingviking Long timer

Oddometer:
    On another note...
    I'll be doing a meet-and-greet with book signing this Saturday at Irv Seavor's super celebration of their 100th year anniversary. There will be lots to see and do so I hope ya'll ride out for this very fun event! If nothing else you'll get to meet Hiba, who is far easier on the eyes than me.

[​IMG]
  3. rickrwh

rickrwh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What time are you going to be there? I'm riding out from Virginia tomorrow morning. Would love to meet you on Saturday!
  4. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    Hiba and I will be there from 9:00am --5:00pm. See ya'll there!
  5. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    My wife Sherry and I sat in the second row of your slideshow presentation and were completely enamored with your story. Thanks for coming out, was a pleasure to hear about your adventures.

Subscribed!

EDIT: BTW, if you ever need help self-publishing I would be happy to help. I have an aquaintance whom I have published five books. They were paperbacks but hard cover is no problem either. Reasonable pricing per book starts at about a thousand books. A couple of his are at amazon and broder. I had to convert his from WORD to InDesign and set all the photos, did the cover designs for them.
  6. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    Thanks amigo. Although I do mostly corporate presentations these days, I always enjoy doing a show for motorcycle riders. And thanks for the self-publishing tip. So far though, I use regular publishing houses because they provide editors and handle distribution.
  7. Rev Kiecker

Rev Kiecker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice to have met you, albeit only breifly. It would had been nice if my scheduled that day allowed enough time to stick around for your presentation.

¡Vive Mexíco!

[​IMG]
  8. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    We only had a weeks notice of me doing a meet-and-greet, which at the last moment included a short presentation. The two-hour show is better. See ya' next time amigo.
  9. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    Out of an estimated 20,000 threads (40 per line x 500 pages) Yes i see that there are 733 pages, a bunch seem to have been moved.

There are currently only 11 Ride Report threads that can claim the additional fame of being members of the 1 million + views club.

Glen is way closer to his 3 millionth view than the 1 mark. :clap
    Doug is here twice...looks like your dirtster is a bit more popular than the panhead.
    Clayton appears to engage his readers so much in his stories that they are to mesmerized to reply.

Would be great if the mods could let us know how many subscribers each of them have.

Thread Title - Start Date n Time - Replies - Views
    Striking Viking bumming the world (On the road again) 05-12-2004, 01:43 AM 7,022 2,988,422
    Quit my job to go on a "little" ride....US Tour '07 02-11-2007, 12:42 AM 5,363 1,837,533
    Seattle to Argentina on a KLR650 05-07-2006, 05:01 PM 1,264 1,610,653
    The BAM Road - ultimate test of man and machine 12-14-2009, 08:00 AM 1,646 1,538,485
    Can a Harley make it to Magadan? 04-27-2011, 03:04 PM 2,490 1,441,766
    The Mobius Trip 05-23-2008, 06:33 PM 4,880 1,367,401
    From Estonia with love (Round the World awesome ADVenture!!) 06-30-2009, 11:05 AM 2,559 1,318,875
    Angola, it's not like they said. 09-23-2007, 03:40 AM 1,175 1,237,584
    Sydney to London on a105cc Honda callled Dot 05-04-2009, 07:47 AM 2,878 1,204,865
    Siberian Extreme 2010 - Back for More 07-21-2010, 08:27 AM 1,820 1,076,804
    The WRONG Way Round.... on a Chopper! 05-07-2009, 07:26 PM 1,583 1,067,433
  10. Comrade Arturo

Comrade Arturo Veterinario

Oddometer:
    Just finished reading "One More Day Everywhere". Loved it and waiting for the next installment :thumb
  11. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    Thanks amigo. I am glad to hear you liked the book. OMDE is still selling now as well as when it first came out four years ago. As we continue to donate 100% of the royalties to international aid organizations building schools in the developing world, we appreciate when people write reviews for the book on Amazon. Review it here
    There is a ton of positive energy and great karma associated with this project and I deeply appreciate all who have participated.
  12. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    Happy Holidays amigos--
    Since my first best-selling book has finally gone to international*paperback, we have the last original editions in hardcover with color glossy photographs. And now, just in time for buying that “perfect gift,” we are offering all remaining copies autographed, and discounted five dollars. **Click for purchase

Remember this is the best-selling book featured on the*National Geographic Channel*that went viral and was ultimately translated into thirty-four languages.*

Purchase today and this collectors item can be immediately mailed direct to you or to whoever you designate to receive your gift. Major credit cards and PayPal accepted with pleasure.
    All the best,
    Glen
    http://www.strikingviking.net/buy-the-book/
  13. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    Just sent in my order & am looking forward to the book, also will purchase "Another Day Everywhere" When I can get it autographed, preferably, in person. :wink:
  14. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    Thanks amigo. Remember, all royalties are donated to Room To Read, an NGO building schools in the developing world. There is a ton of positive energy behind this project that so many participated in here on advrider. Many thanks again to everyone here.
  15. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    I am in Mazatlan for a few more weeks so any long riders passing through on your way north or south, I can offer a room for the night.
  16. Zepfan

Zepfan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. Patrol

Patrol VALE 46!

Oddometer:
    Generous offer! I'd offer to ride from Canada to Mazatlan just to hang out with you for a day, but then you'd get a restraining order and things would get all weird....unless you really want me to come!
  18. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    Hey amigo--
    I sold the bike a long time ago so I suppose this is a re-sale. If it is still in perfect running order, its' a great bike for the price.
  19. ramon

ramon weezin' the juice!

Oddometer:
    Just ordered mine!
  20. houndawgg

houndawgg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just happen to be reading Two Wheels Through Terror and stumble on to this thread.
    Now I'm in, with both feet :clap
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.