Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    i wish i could join you. I have a nephew's birthday and a friend coming in from out of town. I don't think I will be able to ride. I want to do a winter ride/ camping in the next month or two though.
  3. HalfPlate

HalfPlate What? Where?

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun Jeff!! :clap
  4. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Saturday might work for me too.
  5. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow.... Yippie

Jeremy, Mickey, Greg ...... Lets go. Suggestions? Lunch?
  6. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    :lurk Weather forecast is good

A late merry Christmas to all

Sent from my Tandy 1000, $0.25 and a dial up connection
  7. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    If you use Smugmug, they have a free camera app that can auto upload pics. Take the pic and it's uploaded to your choice of smugmug location. Just checked the settings, you can also upload to Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, flickr, picasa, photobucket, & YouTube

Camera awesome is the app name

Sent from my Tandy 1000, $0.25 and a dial up connection
  8. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Hmmm. I know of a camping cabin that is empty. Has three beds, but we could fit another cot in there.

I'd give a free bed and some great moonshine to anyone who could bring me a brake lever for an '09 CRF450X........ do not ask why I need it. See previous posts..... :deal

Break. Break.

I just walked out of my local DMV with a title and LICENSE PLATE for my CRF450X. Whoot whoot! Now all I have to do is install the Baja Kit and get it inspected. It might not be the right bike for slow trails and the farm, but man it will be a KILLER super Motard. Looks like I'll be searching for an extra set of wheels for street tires too. :evil

jeff
  9. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    NICE! I love tards! Go to www.supermotojunkie.com and you can buy some stuff there I'm sure. My XR650R was a blast in supermoto mode:evil
  10. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    No suggestions from me. 56 was messy west of 29 last week. Doubt it would be any better this week. There are 4 directions. Maybe we should try a different one. I'm not horribly picky on lunch, just prefer to avoid thai and Mexican and ... well OK I am picky.

Somebody else pick this time.
  11. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    How many miles do you want to ride?

Williamsville Road?
    Monterey & Blue Grass Valley?
    West Virginia?
  12. skychs

Oddometer:
    Hey guys...
    If I can find a brake lever for Jeff I'm going to pick that up and ride that direction. I can do that today with an overnight in the cabin or get up early in the am after I pick one up today and do it tomorrow. I can even ride over there today, stay then meet up with you sometime/somewhere tomorrow.

Santa was nice and brought me some cool things this year. One of them is a Spot GPS Messenger. Id love to try it out on the back roads of WV.
  13. rctr

rctr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Chuck,

That was very cool!

Jimmy
    Rctr
  14. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    Chuck,

For a minute there, with neither of you touching the flight controls, I was half expecting to see you turn a knob or flip a switch to land the plane.
  15. skychs

Oddometer:
    In the bottom view the FO turns off the autopilot around 2.03. You can hear the automation say "Autopilot". He is flying the plane from there. Thats why we like flying into DC. We actually get to fly the plane.

From the dash view we really liked the shadow from the plane as we approach the runway. It shows the speed and size of the jet. Typical approach speed is around 135 Kts.
  16. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Fellas,

I'm up for riding anytime on Saturday. Just name a meet up time and place. Food is good too. I'm not picky.
  17. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    I need a more exciting job. I suppose I could set up a GoPro behind my desk, and ya'll can watch me code for hours on end. The G forces might be too much for you though. :-) Yea, I need a career with more umph.
  18. dawgwhat

dawgwhat No Earthy Idea

Oddometer:
    A monkey could do my job, drive to a job, get out aggravate some one then go some where else and do it again until it's time to go home :lol3
  19. skychs

Oddometer:
    Everyone's job is important. Some more exciting than others true, but we need all of you to make the world work. Thanks for all that you do.

Trust me .... flying is not what it used to be. The glamour days are over. The flight attendants are older than dirt and the days can be long and very stressful. Two weeks ago during all the snow and ice storms I would have changed jobs with any of you. I was gone for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I will be working New Years. Lets ride!
  20. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Chuck, very cool. Although it seemed to be in slow motion. Wow. Did you fly up the Potomac from the south? It looked like you flew right over Bolling AFB.

jeff