Hotrodding the GS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Poolside, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    This crowd's gonna tar and feather you if you keep that up. :lol3

<BR>
  2. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast

He's safe, you on the other hand....
  3. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    I think you may be right about that.

<BR>
  4. Randy

Randy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here's a novel idea...

Stop wasting damn time doing "Marketing's" job... put the computer away and get the hell back to your little work space in the garage and buckle down young man! ...:ddog

Every time I see this thread up near the top of page 1 I think that maybe there's been a development in the new "upcoming" product line. Then, when I check to see what's up I find you dickin' off again! Come on man, get with the program. This constant stress and anxiety isn't good for a man in my condition.

:deal
  5. Randy

Randy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh, and BTW, can I expect the same 3 week turnaround that I got when I ordered the IICE Air?

:1drink
  6. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Did you hear that JJ, Randy misses you. :D Any new developments you'd like to share?

And yes, we're going to continue to aim high.&#8194;:thumb

<BR>
  7. opposedcyljunkie

opposedcyljunkie Heavyweight Boxer

Oddometer:

The Air stops being adjustable once the Cool is installed :D
  8. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Interesting...I was about to ask that...adjusting for temp is primary value for me..
  9. opposedcyljunkie

opposedcyljunkie Heavyweight Boxer

Oddometer:
    As PS said many times before, the Air must be set at -10deg when used together with the Cool. Otherwise, the mixture will be way too rich. I guess we can experiment once we get the Cool :norton

BTW, I came from a 600 mile ride last weekend, covering areas with an ambient temp range of 16C to 38C. My Air was at the standard -20C setting. Frankly, I did not notice any performance difference in riding through that temp range. Meaning, i don't think it is necessary to change the Air's temp setting as ambient temps change.
  10. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Yes, that's the thing. A couple of folks prefer using the -30°C or -10°C setting the majority of the time.

We've said it a number of different ways, here's another variation:
    The -30°C setting is for when it's crazy cold outside.
    The -10°C setting is to work with the IICE Cool.
    The -20°C setting is for the rest of the time.

Though people have gone 'off book' and tried the settings as they saw fit. And that's cool too.

<BR>
  11. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Originally we had -10 for "Really Hot = Summer"; -30 for "Really Cold = Winter" and -20 for "Rest of the Time" [from a previous discussion on this topic].

#1 So if we install the Cool when it becomes available and it requires the IICE AIr to be only in the -10 offset position will this as originally stated mean this combination is for "Really Hot = Summer" conditions?

#2 With the Cool installed which must be used in conjunction with the IICE Air in only -10 offset, will we lose the ability to adjust for "Really Cold = Winter" [-30] and "Rest of the Time" [-20] conditions?

As I understood the IICE Air would benefit my air/fuel mixture; with adjustability to match a range of ambient temps. I was looking for help under the "Really Hot = Summer" riding conditons when my hot motor would try to self-digest itself. Hopefully with Cool I will still have what I was looking for.

Any claification of my misconceptions would be appreciated.
  12. BenFongTorres

BenFongTorres Banned

Oddometer:
    :ear:ear:ear:ear:ear:ear:ear

Yeah...what he said.
  13. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    Really Hot summer,
    as in the middle of the desert,
    in July,
    in a heat wave, hot…

JJ
  14. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    JJ,

Too cryptic for me...do you mean that -10 IICE Air + Cool will be an offset that will adjust the motor's A/F on my bike at an optimal ratio when ridden during a "Really Hot Summer...as in middle of the desert, in July, in a heat wave, hot" ???

Man, I hope that what you meant...cuz that is when I do ride my bike off road, up grades, under a load in 1-2 gear and at low RPMs...:D
  15. johnjen

Oddometer:
    The -10º setting is for, Really Hot, as in the middle of summer, in the desert, in a heat wave HOT.
    Just as the -30º setting is for REALLY Cold as in the middle of winter during sub zero temperatures COLD.

There is NO MENTION of any other device in the above descriptions.

BUT when used WITH the IICE Cool then the -10º is the setting to use ALL THE TIME.

These are the RECOMMENDED uses for the -10º & -20º & -30º settings

YMMV

JJ
  16. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    OK, OK....

"BUT when used WITH the IICE Cool then the -10º is the setting to use ALL THE TIME."...This means this combination will provide for the optimal F/A ratio under all ambient temperatures; including scalding ass hot!...got it ..I think..:wink:

Thanks..
  17. WeazyBuddha

WeazyBuddha Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer:
    :ddog

Same here. PS, will you be sending a PM or email to those of us that got the air? I check this thread out of fear that I will miss out on the initial batch of cools.

Any sense at all for when the Cool will come to market?

I'm actually not impatient, I know you are diligently working away but I am like a kid on the day before Christmas waiting for the latest word on the cool.
  18. TrainedChimp

TrainedChimp Consistently wrong

Oddometer:
    Ditto. Would like to check out of this thread but don't want to miss out. You'd think someone would take the marketing opportunity to collect the names of those interested in the Cool. Hint, again. :norton
  19. Monsignore

Monsignore Plunger Boy Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've had my IICE Air since last summer; while I'm generally pleased with the increase in performance, my penis has only increased about 20% in length and girth. Will the IICE Cool increase both stamina and sensitivity? :smooch
  20. johnjen

Oddometer:
    So speaking as the head of the marketing dept. and also being one who KNOWS how to relagate and delegate with the best of them, are you willing to step up and volunteer your time and services for this heavily service oriented task? :deal

Hmmmmmmmm? :ear

I'm just curious is all… :ear

JJ :evil :lol3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.