Harmonizer Vacuum Multi-Tool -- It ain't your Daddy's Twinmax

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Grok, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterW

PeterW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Arrived yesterday, used in anger today.

Excellent apart from the bugs :D

And before you have a heart attack, I live in Queensland, insect central.
    Between when it arrived in my mailbox in the morning and me pulling it out late afternoon a tribe of ants had decided "Yep, nice, well made, comfortable dwelling - with skylight" and had set up home :lol3

I got a bit of a shock when I opened the box, but only one made it into the clip-top plastic bag, so alls good.

(And no, they didn't come all the way from the US, it's happened a few times with envelopes but not with so much enthusiasm).

Really nice bit of gear - and really easy to use.

FWIW. I was thinking of making something similar when I stumbled across your postings here. I couldn't make one for that cost - so well done and good luck with this.

Pete
  2. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Pete,
    Thanks for the feedback - glad you like it!
    Interesting story about the ants - I sometimes wonder what the boxes look like when they reach their final destinations! They are pristine white boxes when they leave here :D

And thanks for the well wishes!
  3. Flatknuckles

Flatknuckles n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm just after placing an order for one too:clap
  4. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    First Harmonizer to Ireland!
    Thanks for the order, It ships today!
  5. Delta61

Delta61 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark,

Now that is what i call fast

Ordered on Wed the 2nd and got it today:clap

Can't use it till tomorrow cause i got to much yard work to do and have to fly students tonite

Will post up again after i get the "CAMHEAD" synced

Thanks again

Ride Safe

Jim
  6. Flatknuckles

Flatknuckles n00b

Oddometer:
    That really does make me grin!

Go raibh Maith agath. (thankyou grok in Irish!)
  7. ghostownguy57

ghostownguy57 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Grok, After reading all the good things everyones been saying, I finally ordered a Harmonizer of my very own.
    Thanks, Mike
  8. Cordless

Cordless Two Wheel Addict

Oddometer:
    I will be hosting a Bing rebuild/sync carb day for some NM airheads sometime in December. We will rebuild carbs then try out at least 5 methods for syncing them: Grok's Harmonizer, a twinmax, $5 fluid-in-tube, mercury manometer, and shorting out method (one of the local airheads is also a nuclear engineer with access to many very expensive toys--he might bring some sort of manometer used in nuclear power plants). I may as well post here the results.

I can already tell you the Harmonizer will be useful for the tachometer function alone on bikes without tachs or with unreliable tachs.

Stay tuned.
  9. lineareagle

lineareagle philomath

Oddometer:
    Leaps and bounds ahead of the twinmax.

I just did a complete service on my '06 GSA after an 8500 mile trip. The bike was running great but still needed a service.
    I wasn't going to do valves and a balance because it was running so well but decided to anyways.

After adjusting the valves I hooked up the Harmonizer and went for a ride to get it warmed up. As expected at 4500 rpm, my normal rpm cruise it was only out by 20 to 25, smily faces but it was erratic sometimes 11 sometimes 25 so I figured I could do better.

I went back to square one using the gauge mode to just get a rise at idle and then backing off a full turn as per JVB on each side. Then adjusted to 3500 rpm for a close balance.

Went for a ride with the Harmonizer hooked up and made some final adjustments at 4500. Now I am 0 to +3 at 3500 all the way to 5000 rpm and at various gear and speed configurations. I have smily face and I'm smiling too. Great product.:D
  10. Unkgd

Unkgd Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Grok,
    Quick question. WIll the uypcoming 4 cylinder model be able to work on 2 cylinder ala the current Harmonizer?
    Thanks,
    Bill
  11. 1Bonehead

1Bonehead Fearless of Falling

Oddometer:
    Grok:
    Bit the bullet last night and bought one. should have the bike together so I am ready to use it when it shows up:rofl
  12. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep,
    It will be useful for synchronizing motors with 2,3,or 4 separate intakes. It will also have a gauge mode for single-ended vacuum measurements.

In 2 port balancer mode it will emulate the Harmonizer.

My current plan is to make it completely automatic, so it operates in the correct mode based on which ports are active :D

It's going to be significantly more expensive than the Harmonizer however. Not much I can do about that.
  13. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shipping tomorrow (Monday). You should have it Wednesday (Thursday at the latest).
    Thanks for the business!
  14. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to quote this so it shows up twice in the thread :D
    Many thanks for the feedback!
    -Mark
  15. 1Bonehead

1Bonehead Fearless of Falling

Oddometer:
    Look, I dont need anymore pressure to get my bike finished.LOL. I have been and out with pneumonia for over two weeks now and my bike has been in pieces the whole time. This being sick crap has gopt to stop!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Unkgd

Unkgd Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Am still interested in the 4 cylinder version which is now 1st quarter 2012 delivery if I have read correctly.
    Are you at the point you can estimate the cost difference between the 2 versions or...? And have you started a waiting list for the 4 cylinder unit?
    Thanks,
    Bill
  17. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 4-cylinder version will likely be about 40-50% more expensive. The design isn't finalized yet so I can't nail it down.

I don't have a waiting list for it yet. I thought it prudent to get it working first :rofl
  18. GS Addict

GS Addict Pepperfool Supporter

Oddometer:
    What? That doesn't follow the approach other Vendors at Adv have taken....:wink:
  19. mnd

mnd Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even at twice as expensive it would still be a deal.

I balanced my CB650SC with the Harmonizer and the amount of hassle involved in switching hoses around more than justifies the cost of a 4 port unit.
  20. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:

The twin-cylinder "Harmonizer" is such a splendid and elegant solution - one of the best and most satisfying tool purchases I have ever made - that I plan to immediately purchase your four-cylinder model as soon as you have them ready.

I can't wait, and as mentioned even if it was twice as expensive it would be a bargain. :thumb

Dallara

~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.