Swedes goes for Rally Mongolia 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Mike The Swede, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is the new family member found in UB, engine started in -20 celsius.

Attached Files:

• 660.JPG
      660.JPG
      File size:
      115.4 KB
      Views:
  2. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good deal!

(ps. the chain is on the wrong side...)
  3. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh no it's right but something is wrong on my 570.
  4. brocku

brocku Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice bike. Sell it to me in a few years :lol3.
  5. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Application and first downpayment done, did get below answer.

We need one more rider in order to apply for a team entry, anybody who likes
    to be a Swede for 8 days ?

Dear Mr.Anders Berglund

Your entry to Rally Mongolia 2013, Thank you.
    I confirmed transfer from you.
    If you grind a team entry, we think that good suggestion is possible.
    Will you cooperate with it and an event of the marathon that you introduced to you before?
    Please introduce it in Sweden.

The 1st. Great Mongolia Gobi Desert Marathon 2013
    http://www.sser.jp/gmgm/

Thanks and best regards.

-----
    Kohnushi
    SSER ORGANISATION
    http://www.sser.org
    support@sser.org

6. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The challanges of sending Husaberg 570 RR to Mongolia, expected arrival in UB 24th of December.

Contacted the shiping agent today and they have no clue about this shipment.

Attached Files:

7. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The box have been found, it's in South Korea stuck due to some missing paper work well if you need advice on shiping companies I know one NOT to use, luckely the start is far away.
  8. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Husaberg box is now in UB customs warehouse and they are asking for all kind of questions like tire dimensions, gear brand etc.

The KTM 660 is up for a total rebuild, frame and subframe been painted and ready for reassembly.
  9. Mike The Swede

Mike The Swede Mike, The Swede

Oddometer:
    Rally Raid Sweden Team Mongolia is looking for third team member in order to register an official Team in Rally Mongolia. We are pretty relaxed with your nationality as long as you know the lyrsics of the the Swedish National Hymn at the price giving ceremony:wink:

If any inmate is going to Rally Mongolia and wants to team up with the fastest Swedes in Mongolia, please let us know.
  10. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The majority of my rally mates are today loading the gear for Tuareg in Sweden today, here in Mongolia is the Berg 570 RR is now ready for the first test ride on the Mongolian surface still a little bit cold but tomorrow will I do the first test ride in Mongolia can't wait any longer.
  11. brocku

brocku Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Go boys go! Have a ton 'o fun.
    Heja sverige!
  12. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Spring have arrived in UB and for the last two weekends have I been testing the 570 around the river valleys east and west of UB and the bike is find and more important I don't feel any pain in my leg during riding.
  13. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We now have a third member in Rally Raid Sweden team, It's blutor a inmate on the forum he will be riding a KTM 660 RFR the same will be shiped to Mongolia from Sweden within a couple of months.

Blutor have some great experiance from Mongolia as he there passing through Mongolia on his trip t&r Sweden Magadan a couple of summers back 25 000 km in 8 weeks.

With this third member we can now also be part of the team competition.
  15. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. Mike The Swede

Oddometer:
  17. Mike The Swede

Oddometer:
    On Sunday we had our first official team meeting at Åmme's Swedish place. We sorted out a zillion things that need to be fixed, ordered, bought, booked and so on. In the pic you see from left to right Anders "Åmme" Berglund, Mikael "Mike the Swede" Berglund and Staffan "Blutor" Johansson. Missing in the Picture is Christina Berglund Team-Manager.

Åmme who lives in UB has his Berg 570 Rally already race ready and is hitting the Mongolian dirt every weekend. He is rebuilding an KTM 660 Rally that I will use in the rally. In the pic you see the bike Staffan will ride, an KTM 660 Rally from 2007 borrowed from his friend Lelle Jonsson. It will soon be put in crate and shipped to Mongolia.

Attached Files:

18. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well we are getting closer to the start, Staffan the third rider in our team is out, crashed during practice in Sweden with a brooken leg as the result.

Brother have packed a box in Sweden with some spare wheels and tires the same will be shiped by air next week.

The 660 is almost ready mainly cosmetic stuff remining and it will be a tribute to P-G Lundmark theme in the cosmetics.

Comming weekend will it be a crash couse in RB riding with all notes and warnings in Cyrilic it's the Master Rally 1 200 km in three days with start on Friday.
  19. Mike The Swede

Oddometer:
    In a month time we are pinning it across the Mongolian flats.
    Åmme tells me that the bikes are almost race ready in UB. That normally means at least a few more long nights work left. The 660 have been taken out for a short test spin.
    Åmme had a proper shake-down on the Rally Berg two weeks ago on the Master Rally, three days and 1200 km. He did well, ended up midfield, had a few detours but nothing major. Same guy who did the RB will do the RB for Rally Mongolia. It is Always good to know how the writer of the RB "thinks".
    All paper work done, visas approved, shots taken aso. Box with spare tires, Wheels and Heater Meals has arrived in UB.

You ca follow our progress by the GPS spots using these links:

Anders Berglund "Åmme": https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=1TbamSHzViOq4U54JpCUfznaDEPNcMQ DR<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Password RRS2

Mikael Berglund "Mike the Swede": https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=1l981bj4idzcVjgbQXbbZ4ozD0WJhyI cZ<o:p></o:p>
    Password RRS1

If you check the links now they will not show anything, the logs only last for 7 Days.

<o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

• bags.jpg
      bags.jpg
      File size:
      166.3 KB
      Views:
  20. Mike The Swede

Oddometer:
    Åmme at the start of Master Rally Mongolia June 2013

Attached Files: